8/20/2007

DON'T SHOOT ME, I'M THE KEYBOARD PLAYER



Somehow this seemed appropriate, given the fireworks the last few days. I want to thank all those who've been visiting and I look forward to your comments.

And yes, this weird, wonderful band is a favorite of mine. These are the Mael brothers, otherwise known as Sparks. Subversive, and often very funny. They were too ahead of their time to be called 'new wave', and they weren't serious enough to be punk, and were more popular in the UK than over here. Love 'em.

1 comment:

R. Moore said...

Also a fan of Sparks, reminded me a little of very early Genesis. I saw them live at Magic Mountain years ago. They were a playing in a small gazebo, (ala Hugh Grant playing the amusement park in "Music and Lyrics". The keyboard player maintained his persona during the whole performance, and then was completely personable talking to fans afterwards.