1/18/2008

A JOB BEHIND THE CURTAIN?

I've been asked to serve on the board of the Central California chapter of the Interfaith Alliance, which works on common causes with other interest groups, among them Americans United for Separation of Church and State.

IACC is interested in promoting certain things in the public schools, among them a commitment to the First Amendment, minority rights and an appreciation for religious diversity. My qualifications for this are murky, but I suspect writing letters to the editor, publicly debating creationists, and working to promote free thought on my particular campus are things that might've commended me. That, and I'm halfway decent as a speaker---though you'd never know that from this.

Well, shoot, if I'm not effective, at least they're not paying me.