3/07/2009

BABA'S "WORD" ON EVOLUTION

Well, I finally got a chance to see Baba Brinkman's 'Rap Guide to Evolution'. I was sick as a dog the previous week, but some of the faculty at CSUF caught his show and decided to spend some of the seed money for the Biology Department's new Consortium for Evolutionary Studies to bring Brinkman's act to the university. I caught the show in Room 109, and it was well worth seeing.

Now, I didn't tape the whole thing, and Brinkman explains that this is still a work in progress, but here's the introduction to the thing, as captured earlier this month in an English drawing room, courtesy of You Tube. Enjoy!



By the way, I don't endorse this approach one way or another. It's new, and worth checking out. Baba is pretty assertive where religion is concerned, and of course quoting Dawkins will have some people up in arms before they even see the show. But I think you should hear the whole show before you start complaining about how he might have 'framed' the thing.

No comments: